- Postal Address:
Glen Osmond Scout Group, PO Box 93, Glen Osmond, SA 5064
- Lat/Long: 34.960513S 138.640434E
- Street Address: 1A Barr Smith Avenue, Myrtle Bank
- UBD Map Rerence: Map 131, F 11
- Bus Route 861 (Glen Osmond): (Adelaide bus routes and timetables)
Stops 12 (every 15 minute service in daylight on week days, 2 minute walk).
- Bus Routes that use SE Freeway to/from Stirling and Mount Barker, etc:
Stop 12 (2 minute walk).
- Bus Routes 100, 300 (Circle Lines):
Stop 19 on Portrush Road (5 minute walk down Glen Osmond Road).
- Unley Community Bus: stops outside of the Scout Hall.
- Bush walking trails: Easy access to the Yurrebilla Trail (via Birksgate Reserve, Birksgate Drive) from Belair to Athelstone, the Waite Conservation Reserve (via Hartley Grove), the Waite Arboretum (via Claremont Aventue), the City of Burnside Walking Trails over Mount Osmond (via Gill Terrace) to Waterfall Gully, then to Mt Lofty and Woodhouse.
- Walk from the hall to Scouts SA: Walk down Glen Osmond Road (about 1.6Km or 20 minutes). There are a supermarket, butcher, service station, pharmacy, Indian take away, Subway and McDonalds along that route. Once the On-the Run upgrade at the Glen Osmond Road intersection with Cross Road and Portrush Road is completed there will be more choice of food sources within walking distance.
There are several motels within 2 Km of the Scout Hall
(alphabetical list - no reccomendations implied):
- Arkaba Hotel - Glen Osmond Road
- Fullarton Motel - Glen Osmond Road
- Granada Motor Inn - Portrush Road
- Jacksons Motel - Glen Osmond Road
- Sands Motel - Glen Osmond Road
- Welcome Inn 277 - Glen Osmomd Road